Are you a fan of French Press coffee? And in search of the perfect grinder? Do you love the taste of a fresh, hot cup of coffee in the morning? That's where a good coffee grinder comes in handy! In this blog post, we will discuss the 5 best coffee grinders for French Press on the market today. So whether you're an experienced coffee lover or just getting started, read on for the best information about coffee grinders for French Press!
What do you need to consider before buying a coffee grinder for French Press?
You might know this already, French Press coffee is dependent on the quality of the ground coffee that is used. And freshly ground coffee is always better than pre-ground. Choosing the best coffee grinder for French Press can be challenging, but it’s worth the effort.
There are two main types of coffee grinders:
- Blade grinders: are less expensive, but they could generate a lot of heat, which can affect the flavor of your coffee.
- Burr grinders: more expensive, but they produce a more consistent grind and don't produce as much heat, so your coffee will taste better.
When it comes to choosing the best coffee grinder for your French Press, there are a few other things you’ll want to take into account as well.
Price is always an important consideration, and you can find grinders that range in price from around $25 to $200. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a great grinder for your French Press, but if you want something that’s going to last for a long time, you may want to consider shelling out a bit more cash.
Design is another thing to think about. Some grinders are more compact and easy to store away and even take with you when traveling. While others are larger and may take up more counter space. If you have family members sharing the same coffee passion as you do, you may want to go with a grinder that has a bigger capacity.
Ease of use is also important. Some grinders are easier to operate than others. We are reviewing both manual and automatic options.
Finally, think about what type of beans you like best. Not all grinders are created equal - some work best with light or dark roasts, while others can handle a variety of beans. If you have a specific type of bean that you love, make sure the grinder you choose can handle it.
Also, keep in mind that for the best result, a French Press requires a medium to coarse grind. If you want to make the perfect cup of coffee, it is essential that your grinds are all a uniform size. If they are not, this can result in over (or under) extraction.
Here are our top recommendations!
Disclosure: This blog may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
#1 OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- With an unbeatable price, this electric burr grinder is one of the most affordable on the market.
- Creates uniform grounds with durable 40-millimeter stainless steel conical burrs. Ensures optimal flavor extraction.
- Equipped with 15 settings, it is perfect for every coffee style you could crave for. From French brew to Espresso.
- The hopper holds up to 0.75 pounds of coffee beans.
- Never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the grinder/burrs due to the Anti-Static container that can accommodate up to 110 grams of coffee.
OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
#2 Baratza Encore Conical Coffee Grinder
- Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals all over the world. Offers easy and intuitive control.
- 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs
- 40 steps of grind adjustments, this is suitable for all imaginable types of coffee
- It has user-friendly functionality. A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch make it easy to grind fresh coffee.
- The hopper can hold 8 ounces of whole beans.
- Baratza grinders are designed to be serviceable; parts and support are available to provide years of use and environmental sustainability.
- Available in Black and White.
Baratza Encore Conical Coffee Grinder
#3 Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill
- A small, affordable but very much appreciated ceramic coffee grinder
- Easy to clean and use. When not in use, you can store the grinder without the handle. The sleek, slim design makes it easy to store
- Consistent grind for perfect, fresh coffee
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill
#4 Breville Smart Grinder Pro
- With 60 unique settings, this programmable conical burr grinder maximizes the potential of any brew. It allows you to grind directly into a portafilter or an air-tight container.
- Precision Digital Time allows you to adjust and program grind time in 0.2-second increments giving you total control and a perfect dose every time.
- Stainless steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean.
- 18-ounce coffee bean capacity with a locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
Breville Smart Grinder Pro
#5 TIMEMORE Chestnut Manual Coffee Grinder
- A cost-effective manual grinder with a stainless steel burr
- Convenient to carry. Ideal for home use but also for carrying outdoors or traveling.
- Adjustable in about 36 steps.
TIMEMORE Chestnut Manual Coffee Grinder
Conclusion paragraph: So, there you have it. Our top five picks for the best coffee grinder for French Press. We’ve looked at a range of grinders to suit all budgets and needs, so we’re sure you can find the perfect one for you. Happy grinding!